Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SWA #1

As a journalism major I have done and will do alot of writing. In highschool I obtained an internship through a local relief clinic. At this internship I write all the press releases and any announcements that need to be made. My best writing experience was when an article I had written for the clinic was published in the local newspaper. Since I want to make writing a career it was very rewarding to have my work published at a young age.
In highschool I took a few AP courses. The classes themselves are very stressful and the majority of the time is spent preparing for the final AP exam. That exam determines whether or not you get credit for the course. The final portion of my English 101 AP exam consisted of essay answer questions analyzing short pieces from books. In addition to the lingering hand cramp from the page after page of written answer required to answer each question, I was left with a fried feeling. I think this was my most frustrating experience because I felt I could not adequately answer the questions.
Having my work printed in the paper affected me the most as I writer. It was a leading factor in my desire to pursue writing as a career.

1 comment:

  1. Besides the emotional pressure of an important exam, the tight time constraint may have been one of the main reasons you felt so disappointed. Our best writing results from thoughtful reflection and revision, not from adrenaline rush. This was exactly the point of eliminationg a final exam in this composition class.

    ReplyDelete