1.Over the course of my research for my topic on steroids in sports, I found that the counter arguments in favor of the use of the drug were somewhat compelling. The authors made good points about how we as a culture take drugs to alter and perfect our bodies and we should be able to do so in sports. The use of steroids lets an athlete know what his/her full potential in the sport could be. By the end of my research I found myself agreeing with this logic and wondering why we would not let such athletes use the performance enhancers to increase their strength. If we allowed the drugs the athletes would not have to hide the use of the drugs and a safer more hygenic application might take place. If doctors could control the substance use and monitor the athletes to make sure no dangerous ingestion takes place.
3.There are time limits associated with meal plans. There are a few hours in the morning that you can get breakfast, a few in the early afternoon for lunch, and then the rest until around 11 for dinner. The ability to get dinner late is great, but the cut off hours for lunch are way too early. My First class is at 12:30 and most days I do not wake up until right before class leaving me unable to get lunch before class starts. My schedule is back to back, most days I am in class until 7:30 at night. This means I completely miss lunch and am only able to eat one meal a day. Some may think its odd, but If I wake up at 12 I do not want to eat lunch until around 5 and then dinner at around 10. The meal plan makes it difficult for me to eat when I'm hungry. I think that the campus should allow you to eat your meals whenever you want to eat them, not when they think you should eat. Also, if you want to eat 9 meals a day you should be allowed to do so. It's your meal plan and you should be able to eat whenever and as often as you like. At the end of the week I have 6 or 7 meals left over, that simply go to waste. A new policy of meal plans used at anytime should go into effect to make things easier on students with a tight schedule.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
I definitely agree with the whole mean plan thing. That was the only thing that kept me from living on campus was how ridiculous they were about it. I really think you should be able to eat whenever you want as well. If you have three meals a day, you should be able to eat them whenever you want because not everyone has the same schedule. Good job :)
ReplyDelete